The Wiener Musikverein
The Wiener Musikverein, commonly shortened to Musikverein, is a concert hall in the Innere Stadt borough of Vienna, Austria. It is the home to the Vienna Philharmonic orchestra.
The "Great Hall" (Großer Saal) due to its highly regarded acoustics is considered one of the finest concert halls in the world, along with Berlin's Konzerthaus, the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, Boston's Symphony Hall. None of these halls were built in the modern era with the application of acoustics science and all share a long, tall, and narrow shoebox shape.
The building of Concert Halls was designed by the Ringstrasse architect Thophil van Hansen for the Society of Music Lover - Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde which was founded in 1812. The "Golden Hall" is famous for its excellent acoustics. Countless premiers by Vienna Philarmonic Orchestra and world wide known masters has taken place in the Golden Hall of Musikvereingebäude. Annually, the New Year's Concert is broadcasted from the Golden Hall to all around the world by satellite transmission. The Skandalkonzert of 1913 was given there, and it is the venue for the annual Vienna New Year's Concert. Its lively acoustics are primarily based on Hansen's intuition as he could not rely on any studies on architectural acoustics.
Vienna City Hall
The Rathaus (Town Hall) is a building in Vienna which serves as the seat both of the mayor and city council of the city of Vienna. The town hall also serves, in personal union, as Governor and Assembly (Landtag) of the State of Vienna, a state with the Austrian federal system. The Rathaus was designed by Friedrich von Schmidt in the Neo-Gothic style, and built between 1872 and 1883. On the top of the tower is the Rathausmann, one of the symbols of Vienna.
The University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna
The University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna (German: Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Wien, abbreviated MDW) is an Austrian university located in Vienna.
In 1817, it was established by the Society for the Friends of Music. It was nationalized in 1909 as the Imperial Academy of Music and the Performing Arts. In 1998, the university assumed its current name to reflect its university status, attained in a wide 1970 reform for Austrian Arts Academies.
Today, with the student population exceeding over three thousand, it is the largest institution of its kind in Austria, and one of the largest in the world.
The Haydn hall is the showpiece of the Esterházy y Palace. With its outstanding acoustics, the concert hall is ranked as one of the finest hall in the world. Joseph Haydn had composed many of his works for this hall and composed them according to the acoustics here. Nowadays, the Haydn hall is the most important performance venue in the Esterházy Palace and a suitable setting for unforgettable concerts. It is one of the most beautiful concert halls in the world. The Haydn hall has been chosen by many Orchestras for CD production based on its outstanding acoustics. The suprisingly large dimensions of the Haydn hall underlined the Esterházy family importance as in relation to the state, politics and the arts. The floor of the hall was decorated with scenes from the metamorphosis, Roman poets such as Apuleius, and philosophers by the Fresco painter Corporforo Tencalla, who at that time also worked for the imperial court in Vienna.
Liszt culture Centre in Burgenland is the birthplace of a famous composer, pianist, conductor and great master of romantic music - Liszt (1811-Franz Liszt was born here), and it is also the most well-known International Liszt Memorial Centre and Franz Liszt music festival's venue .
Performing here will be a special experience. Besides the excellent cultural proformance in the centre concert, they will also have the opportunity to visit the Franz Liszt's birthplace and his former residence that situated in the cultural centre Park, to feel the historical charm, elegant styles of arts and heavy music flavour.
Vienna Boys' Choir Concert Hall
The Vienna Boys' Choir concert hall is completed in December 2012. As a professional Concert Hall, it is not only the Vienna Boys' Choir's "home", but also a Palace build for all children and young people in Vienna to perform music and drama. In terms of architectural style, the Hall retains the classic Baroque style, but inside, it owns a special technical equipment, as well as the theatre stage sets and special effects, which suit for various forms of rehearsals and performances. Here, each band will enjoy a competition at international level.
The Stadttheater Berndorf, built as Kaiser-Franz-Joseph-Theater in 1897/98, is a theater in the small municipal town of Berndorf in Lower Austria.
The theater was commissioned by Arthur Krupp on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Emperor Franz Joseph's reign and was financed entirely from his private funds. The theater was to provide entertainment and education to the employees of Krupp industry, and was the first theater in an industrial location of the monarchy, and the fifth in Lower Austria outside of Vienna (after Baden, Krems, Wiener Neustadt and St. Pölten).
The theater never had its own ensemble. Today it has 488 seats. Since 1989, the theater has been the venue for the Berndorf Festival ("Berndorfer Theatersommer"), and its first 22 years under the direction of Felix Dvorak, who was replaced by Michael Niavarani in 2011. Since the summer of 2014, the actress Kristina Sprenger has been acting as its artistic director.
Rossatz-Arnsdorf is situated on the right bank of the Danube river in Wachau in Lower Austria.
The remains of settlements dating back to the Stone Age (up to about 2500 BC) can be traced back to stone excavations, stone axes, and ceramics. A Celtic grave was found from the later Iron Age (4th century BC).
During the Roman period, the area belonged to the province of Noricum. The border of the Roman empire was set along the Danube.
Originally the name of the casern was "Fasangartenkaserne" and on the occasion of Empress Maria Theresa's 250th birthday, on May 13th 1967, the casern was renamed Maria-Theresien-Kaserne. In the Maria-Theresien-Kaserne, the Guards Battalion and the Music Guards of Vienna, the Army Intelligence Office as well as the commanding military strip and military police are accommodated.